Rotary Club of Southam 2000 proudly supports this Project. All funds donated to this page, including associated Gift Aid, will be passed directly to Bwengu Projects to allow them to continue their work.
Bwengu Projects Malawi is a small family run charity (England & Wales 1183709) set up by Sue & Tony Melia in 2005. They have been joined in their work by their daughter Sam and son-in-law, Rob.
Over the years a wide range and number of community projects have been undertaken, but going forward in 2018/19 the focus is on 6 key areas:
- Renovation of school buildings;
- Provision of school furniture;
- Provision of school toilets;
- Whole class teaching kits: a solar powered LED projector and tablet kit containing the whole of the Malawi curriculum that can be projected onto a school wall and accessed by all;
- Adult Literacy programmes;
- Orphan care: providing food for orphan feeding stations.
All money raised goes towards the projects with minimal overheads. The trustees who run Bwengu Projects Malawi have built-in systems of governance to maintain the effectiveness of all project work undertaken. The trustees and any volunteers who travel out to Malawi themselves pay for all their own expenses, including flights and accommodation.
Thank you for your generosity.