We are raising funds and resources for building at FOMO Mangani orphan centre in Mulanje.
The challenge we have set ourselves is to first climb Kilimanjaro, (5,895m highest point in Africa) then cycle from Tanzania back to Mulanje in Malawi a distance of 2,455km. While in Mulanje we will then climb Mulanje mountain up to the Sapitwa Peak, the highest point in Malawi, which is at 3,002m.
Stewart Kambewa aka Stewart The Cyclist has done a number of charity challenges helping a wide social programmes:
- Cycled the full length of Malawi in 8 days - October 1-8, 2016.
- Cycled the 10 kilometer Chawe uphill from Zomba Metro to Ku Chawe Inn Hotel (Zomba plateau) without a saddle non-stop whilst standing for 45 minutes - September 9, 2017.
- Cycled the Chikwawa 20 kilometer uphill from Thabwa roadblock to Milare roadblock without a saddle non-stop whilst standing for 1 hour 11 minutes 06 seconds - March 10, 2018.
- Cycled 302 kilometers from Blantyre to Lilongwe in one day clocking 13 hours 45 minutes - September 8, 2018.
- Cycled the 30 kilometer Khwekhwerere uphill from Golomoti turn-off along the M5 Salima road to Masasa turn-off along the M1 Blantyre-Lilongwe road without a saddle non-stop whilst standing for 1 hour 50 minutes 22 seconds - April 20, 2019.
John Moyenda is a keen cyclist and has organised and managed events in Malawi. He has managed the events and challenges done by Stewart The Cyclist.