I am taking part in a 12 hour skate-a-thon to raise money for The Snowflake Trust which is a charity close to our family's hearts.
Snowflakes aims to
- provide a night shelter for genuinely homeless people who would otherwise be sleeping rough in Hastings and St Leonards during the extreme winter months
- With respect and without discrimination, to engage church members and local people generally with some of the most vulnerable people in the Town in line with Christian principles
- To provide a warm bed, non-judgemental hospitality and engagement with willing Volunteers to facilitate wellbeing and positive self-esteem
- Hot drinks, an evening meal and breakfast
- In liaison with specialist agencies, encouragement in accessing relevant longer term solutions to individual housing and employment needs
Any donation you could make would be gratefully received and would help to provide food and shelter for those in need in Hastings and St Leonards in the year ahead.
The skate-a-thon is the brilliant idea of my 9 year old skate buddy Romy :)
The event is being held at the Source Park on the 11th May and is being sponsored by Stella Dore Gallery.