Team GlobalGirl Media UK Team’s story
About Spring Booster Training
This two-day workshop will teach young women aged 14-22 filmography skills. They will work
towards research and creating a trailer for a multi-part series. Inspired by Netflix, Amazon Prime
and Youtube, this skill booster session will involve research into the market, storyboarding for a
multi-part series and casting. We will encourage the young women to respond to the following
challenge: “GGM UK asked a dozen young women ‘if you were to create a TV series on
something you care about, what would it be?”
About GGM UK Impact & Mission
GGM UK empowers young women, aged 14 to 22, from disadvantaged backgrounds through digital journalism and media training to provide them with opportunities and a platform, bringing their powerful perspectives to the global media stage. The disadvantages the girls face might be financial (living in lower-income households or/and being NEET), based on their ethnicity, race, religion, disability, refugee status, mental health issues, or gender identity. Our main activities include:
- Our 3-week intensive GGM Academy training where the girls develop their own story ideas, blogs and films.
- Skills-booster training events that focus on keeping pace with changes in technology.
- Our newsroom is the place for our graduates to continue training, producing videos/blogs and cover events/conferences.
- We run a mentoring program where each GlobalGirl is paired with professional female journalists, broadcasters and experts within the media profession.
- Organising panel discussion/ conferences.